Making Changes To Existing Court Orders

Over time and under certain circumstances you may need help with changes to custody, spousal support or child support. If you are not getting the support obligations you should, you may also need an attorney's guidance.

At Richard E. Fowlks, Attorney at Law, we represent clients in Multnomah County and throughout the surrounding Oregon areas in divorce and family law matters. Richard Fowlks has been practicing for more than 35 years and maintains a successful track record in family law cases. He works directly with his clients throughout all stages of the legal process and provides timely, effective legal counsel.

Modifications And Enforcements Involving Family Law

While it is an attorney's goal to draft a divorce settlement that is comprehensive and will not need changes, sometimes events in life call for the need for a change. At our firm, we handle changes involving:

  • Child custody modifications: If one parent seeks to move, another parent gets a new job or other situations occur where a change in custody arrangements may be necessary, we can help.
  • Child support enforcements: If your former spouse is not paying the child support he or she owes, we can take legal action.
  • Child support modifications: If a parent loses his or her job or has a significant increase in pay or hours, a child support modification may be appropriate.
  • Spousal support modifications: While spousal support is rarely increased, there are certain situations in which the support amount may be decreased. Attorney Richard Fowlks will explain the rules around these changes and if your circumstances may warrant a change.

Contact Our Experienced Portland Lawyer

Please contact our team to learn about your rights and your legal options in family law. Call 503-505-7941 or 888-779-8837 to schedule a meeting with attorney Richard Fowlks.